Looking to buy BlackSys CH-100B front and rear dash cam for your vehicle? We are here with BlackSys CH-100B review. The BlackSys CH-100B is a dual channel dash cam that was released mid 2015 by the Korean company, Cammsys. This device consists of an elegant, front cam that can record 1080p at 30fps, a tiny rear camera that records 720p at 30fps, and a sturdy 20ft (6m) cable to connect the two.
The CH-100B is an easy-to-install, easy-to-use camera that has many useful features, such as true parking mode and low voltage cutoff. Optional external GPS/GLONASS and OBD modules can be acquired separately. The camera doesn’t have a screen. It does support Wi-Fi though, so you can control it via an Android or iOS smart phone. Dash cam with high price comes with best features, let check out best dash cams under £100.
The front camera’s video quality is impressive, at day light as well as at night time. The rear camera records fair video at day. It performs well at night too, provided the street is illuminated. However on dark roads, you won’t be able to see much as you don’t have headlights to enlighten the rear view. If you are looking for a dash cam for your truck, find out best dash cam for truckers.
The CH-100B can take memory cards of up to 128GB capacity. A card of this size will allow you to record more than 24 hours of front and rear video makes it right replacement of germin 55 dash board cameras.
You configure the CH-100B via Wi-Fi, using a smart phone or tablet. Apps are available for Android and iOS, and they are quite intuitive and straightforward to use. There are too many settings in the apps to list them all here, but a couple of the more notable ones include:
- Change brightness for front and rear camera (independently)
- Flip rear camera image horizontally
- Configure standby time for parking mode
- Set G-sensor sensitivity
- Configure cut-off voltage to avoid draining the battery in parking mode
- GPS: display speed in mph or km/h
- set time zone, set summer time
- GPS: turn off when in parking mode (saves battery)
- Set memory card capacity for each of: normal recording, events (G-sensor or button triggered), and motion detection (parking mode)
- Customize motion detection to whole screen or any portion of screen
Check : Best Action Camera Under $100
Also check: KDLINKS R100 HD Review
BlackSys CH-100B Features
- Clear Image With Sony CMOS Sensor: Front 1920x1080p Full HD, 30fps
- Wifi Support: Watch live and recorded video by your smart phone
- Blacksys App for Android & iOS: View your recorded video saved on the SD Card right from the BlackSys App
- Dual Band (GPS+GLONASS): More accurate tracking with dual band GPS
- Support 21 Multi Language: Provide 21 Multi-language voice gudie135 Wide Angle Of View: 16:9 wide screen with 135 angle of view.
- Low Voltage Cut-Off: User can set the cut off voltage according to the parking condition.
- High Temperature Cut Off: Detect temperature of inside of the vehicle and cut off the power automatically when it reaches 87c (approx).
- CPU Texas Instruments
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- 2.4M pixels, Sony CMOS Sensor / Lens: 1/3″
- GPS SiRF 5 Dual Band (GPS + Glonass)
- G-sensor, 3-axle shock detection for event recording• Video format H.264 (AVI) / Codec profile: HIP (High Profile)
- Bit-rate front camera 6Mbps, 30fps
- Bit-rate rear action camera 4Mbps, 30fps
- Rear camera is supplied with a 6 meter cable
- Fragments per 3 or 5 minutes
- Loudspeaker embedded, volume adjustable
- Microphone embedded, on/off
- Voice Guide, voice assistent in English, volume adjustable
- Parking Mode, automatically activated, on/off, time setting adjustable
- Motion Detection in Parking Mode, records already 10 seconds before a movement or shock!
- Event Recording, in case of sudden movements (impact, emergency break, deviation) the video clip will be
automatically saved in a separate file and will not be automatically deleted when the memory gets full
- Emergency Button, just 1 push on this button and the 10 seconds before and the 20 seconds after the incident
will be saved in a separate file and will not be automatically deleted when the memory gets full
- GPS functions; route, speed, via Google Maps
- Time and date stamp
- Temperature Sensor
- Current DC 12V~24V
- Power use 340mA (13.4V) (Wifi off)
- Operational temperature -20°C ~ +70°C
- Storage temperature -30°C ~ +80°C
- Dimensions front camera 5.8 x 10 x 3.4 cm, 78 gr
- Dimensions rear camera 5 x 2.6 x 3.1 cm, 25 gr
- Memory external, microSD memorycard (16GB~128GB)
- Software developed by BlackSys to view footage on PC (Android and iOS)
- 5 cable holders
BlackSys CH-100B Video Samples
For full original video quality, make sure to watch on full screen and select maximum video resolution (use the cog icon in lower right corner). You may have to rewind the video after changing the resolution. BlackSys CH-100B is not counted in cheap dashboard camera under 50 bucks.
Day Time Front Video Sample
Front video quality is good during the day time, however license plates are only readable when close or stopped at a traffic light. Why not check if we can use this for motorcycle touring?
Day Time Rear Video Sample
How to Install BlackSys CH-100B Hardware
- Park your vehicle in a safe area and grab your BlackSys dash cam, hardware kit and tools. For most vehicles you will need a basic wrench and socket set, plastic trim tool, and a circuit tester or multi meter.
- Locate the fuse box and fuse map. This may be on the fuse panel cover or in the owner’s manual. You will need to rear to this when selecting fuses to tap power from. (Use non-essential accessories such as cigarette socket, heated seats, etc.)
- When the vehicle is off, use your circuit tester/multi-meter to find out which fuses have power when the car is off (B+) and which fuses turn on when the car turns on (ACC). Hardwire Kit Color Coding: Acc=Yellow, B+=Red Ground = Black
- Grab the add-a-fuses and crimp the hardware kit securely in place. Put the factor fuse in the lower slot of the add-a-fuse and put a new fuse in the upper slot. You should have two fuses in your add-a-fuse kit.
- Plug the crimped add-a-fuse into in the correct fuse slots for the red and yellow wires of the hardware kit.
- Find a metal frame or bolt unpainted to attach the grounding terminal to. You will need a wrench or screwdriver to secure that terminal. A loose ground may result in random restarting of the unit.
- Apply the adhesive tape to the front mount and plug the poser cord into the front camera. Start up the WiFi app and access the live-view feature to aim your camera before mounting it on the window.
- With the hardwire power cable plugged into the front camera, run the extra wire down the A-pillar towards the fuse box using a trim tool. Use can electrical tape or zip ties to neatly manage the extra wire in the fuse box compartment.
- Plug the rear camera cable into the front camera and run it towards the rear window along the headliner. Use your trim tool to tuck the wire in the headliner gaps.
- If you are installing in a hatchback or SUV, remove the trim pieces on the lift gate. It will be best to hide the extra cable under that panel.
- Pop out the grommets between the lift gate and the chassis, you will need to run the rear camera cable through here you may need to pull the wire through using stiff / thin object and electrical tape to get leverage.
- Attach the rear camera on the window, plugin the cable, and replace the trim. For cars with rear wiper, make sure to attach the camera along the wiper’s path so the rear camera will have a clear view. Use the Wifi app to aim afterwards.
- Go through the WiFi settings of your camera to complete the setup.
Congratulate yourself for finishing the hardwired install.
If you are currently on the market for a 2-channel dashboard camera, then the BlackSys CH-100B deserves your attention, you can also read about Rexing V1LG. Spend some time reviewing the features and add this to your list of potential options.
Still not satisfied? why not read review of best dash cams from our huge list of latest reviews.